Handgun, cocaine seized in Oakville raid; Hamilton high school threatened twice
· Toronto Sun

Two 27-year-olds from Oakville were charged with weapon- and drug-related offences after a handgun and a “large quantity” of cocaine were seized earlier this week by the Integrated Gun and Gang Task Force.
Visit sweetbonanza.qpon for more information.
Toronto Police said the task force executed a search warrant for a vehicle and at a residence in the Trafalgar-Upper Middle Rds. area of Oakville on Wednesday as part of a firearm investigation.
Police said they seized cocaine, a loaded Glock handgun with a drum magazine, and ammunition.
Zari Ashman and Brooke Bonazza were arrested and each charged with possession of a firearm knowingly not holding a license, possession of a loaded regulated firearm, possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon or prohibited device knowing no authority, and possession for the purpose of trafficking a schedule 1 substance.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police at 416-808-2500 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-8477 or 222tips.com .
RECOMMENDED VIDEO
More threats made to Hamilton high school
A high school in Hamilton’s east end was placed under a hold-and-secure for the second time in three days after receiving a threat.
Hamilton Police responded Thursday to a threat that was made against Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School in the Hwy. 8-Parkdale Ave. N. area and placed the school under a hold-and-secure while officers investigated.
UPDATE – Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School
— Hamilton Police (@HamiltonPolice) February 19, 2026
The Hold and Secure at Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School has now been lifted.
Hamilton Police remain in the area as we continue to investigate and monitor the situation. There is no active threat to the school at this time,…
The hold-and-secure – where doors are locked and no one is allowed to enter or exit the building while normal operations resume inside – was lifted by mid-morning after police deemed there was “no active threat” to the school.
“We thank students, staff, parents and the community for their co-operation and patience during this response,” police said on social media.
The school also received a similar threat on Tuesday morning, leading to another hold-and-secure. Police said at the time that after a “thorough investigation” there was “no evidence to support the claims made” and lifted the hold-and-secure by early afternoon.
🚨 UPDATE – SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL S.S.
— Hamilton Police (@HamiltonPolice) February 17, 2026
The Hold & Secure at Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School has now been lifted.
Hamilton Police conducted a thorough investigation and at this time, there is no evidence to support the claims made in the earlier threatening call.
Police…
An email seeking an update on the case – including whether police believe the latest threat was credible and whether they were believe the incidents were related – was not immediately returned.
It was also unclear if police expect to have an increased presence in the area in response to the latest threat.